NOAA retains JDG to conduct the search for their Director, Weather Program Office and Director, Climate Program Office
JDG Associates, Executive Search Consultants, has been engaged by NOAA Research (formerly the Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Research) to identify candidates for 2 key SES leaders: Director, Weather Program Office (WPO) and Director, Climate Program Office (CPO),both located in Silver Spring, MD. For more information on NOAA Research, see https://research.noaa.gov/.
WPO conceptualizes, develops, and demonstrates weather forecast products, and works to improve weather forecast information and services for the Nation by supporting high-impact weather and air quality research. WPO’s efforts ultimately increase the accuracy and precision of NOAA’s operational forecasts and, in the process, save lives and reduce property damage. Critical to the success of this role will be:
- Substantial senior level experience in managing and leading a complex, geographically dispersed atmospheric science research organization.
- Demonstrated executive level experience in the physical sciences.
- Senior level management experience that demonstrates effective interaction with stakeholders, the ability to build and maintain collaborations, and communicate scientific results.
CPO advances the understanding and prediction of climate and its impacts. The CPO is responsible for the development of climate science, services and information products based on the national investments in climate research, modeling, data systems, and observations. Critical to the success of this role will be:
- Ability to design, direct and evaluate theoretical and experimental climatic, atmospheric, and/or oceanographic programs of a complex and large-scale nature and transition demonstrated research results to an operational environment.
- Substantial senior level experience in the administration and management of a large geographically distributed scientific organization.
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external partners to provide climate products and services.
To view both Position Announcements, please see our Active Searches page.