JDG wins search for VP of Government Relations
JDG has been retained to conduct a VP of Government Relations search for a prominent software and solutions firm whose mission is to provide valuable, trusted and proven election systems and services to our nation’s election administrators.
- In collaboration with the senior management team, develop and implement nationwide federal, state and local government relations engagement strategies in support of the company’s goals.
- Interface and educate federal agencies and state election entities regarding our client’s positions relevant to pending or proposed legislation, security measures and regulation of elections.
- Remain current on regulations affecting elections among state & local jurisdictions.
- Serve as liaison for state and local election authorities as well as federal agencies including but not limited to: Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Election Assistance Commission (EAC), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP)
- Drive, build and protect the brand by overseeing and managing the company’s public relations and media engagement strategy.
- Work with congressional committees that oversee legislation which is pertinent to the Elections Industry and handle congressional inquiries.
- Build and enhance relationships with federal agencies, state election officials, Congress, external lobbyists and other key stakeholders.
- Inform and assist with current and future election equipment and voting security measures.
- Uphold the highest ethical standards which align with the values of the organization.
- Build credibility, organize effectively, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly.
- At least 7+ years of experience working in the government relations industry targeting federal or state governments.
- Demonstrated success in influencing decision-makers and policy makers at the federal, state and local levels.
- Ability to provide strategic counsel to senior leaders on policy and government relations.
- Strong political acumen to effectively build sustainable relationships and establish positive corporate identity.
- Successful candidates will have significant analytical, written, presentation and communication skills as well as comprehensive understanding of the legislative and policy process.
- Election experience from a regulatory perspective a plus.
Education:Bachelor’s degree required; JD or Master’s in Public Administration highly preferred.
Location: Omaha, NE or Washington, DC highly preferred; able to work remotely anywhere in the U.S.
Travel: If based in Omaha or Washington, DC, approximately 50% travel. Otherwise, up to 75% travel.
Compensation: Base salary and incentives up to $300,000 plus comprehensive benefits package.
Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship required.